Exciting opportunity to join our expanding team!
Are you about to qualify as an Occupational Therapist, or looking for a new challenge? Do you want to develop your career in children’s occupational therapy within a fun and dynamic team who are passionate about working with children and young people?
Role – Occupational Therapist Band 5 equivalent
Location – Eye, Peterborough
Salary – £27,055- £29,180 pro rata
Hours – Part time or full time considered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to work as part of the team as a Occupational Therapist at Bursting with Potential. This post will combine clinical assessment and intervention roles: you will work directly with individual children or groups to deliver therapy programmes, complete OT assessments of young people’s functional skills, report on individuals progress, provide support with resources for individuals and contribute to the development of the Sensory Environment. You will receive regular supervision and be eligible for training.
The role will involve travelling between locations across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and surrounding areas. We work with children 0-25 and work directly with parents/carers, local authorities, charities and in schools. We are an award winning service and have an excellent reputation as a provider of occupational therapy.
It is preferable that you have some experience of working with children or adults with additional needs and neurodevelopmental difficulties, but this is not necessary as training will be provided. As part of your role, and depending on experience, your caseload will include assessments, consultation, advice and therapy services to individuals, groups mainstream and special schools, as well as opportunities to be involved in training delivery. There will also be opportunities to learn and access training in area’s of specialism including sensory integration.
For more information, an informal discussion or to visit the clinic and see if it’s for you, please contact Alison Harrod (Director). We look forward to hearing from you.
- HCPC registered occupational therapist (or qualified and awaiting HCPC) preferably with experience working with children and young people.
- Due to the requirements of this role, your potential employment is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
- Knowledge of keeping children safe and relevant safeguarding legislation.
- Access to own car and full driving licence
The successful candidate will be provided with:
- A work laptop/iPad
- Assessment and therapy tools and resources
- Access to a large selection of reference books
- Agile working policy, including working from home
- Supervision, support and appraisals
- CPD training
- A workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks’ paid holiday inclusive of 8 days bank holiday entitlement.
- Your birthday off paid.